Discover the ultimate online collaboration tools of 2022! With new options popping up every few months and established players constantly improving, you'll have a plethora of choices to elevate your team's workflow. From project management to work sharing and communication, paid or free, these tools will take your collaboration to the next level
Communication and Beyond
Elevate your team's communication and collaboration with the top online tools of 2022. Gone are the days when communication was just a simple one-on-one conversation. Today's best communication software also doubles as a powerful collaboration tool. Discover the best options for effective communication and teamwork below!
Unleash the power of seamless communication and collaboration with Slack - the ultimate communication platform. With an intuitive interface and impressive features, even the free version will leave you amazed. Enjoy all the features you need in one place - send direct messages, manage group messages, navigate different channels and conduct voice/video calls with ease. Plus, Slack easily integrates with other collaboration tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Trello and Intercom.
Experience the best of the best with Slack's:
- Effortless drag, drop and share files feature.
- Public or private channels option for maximum control.
- Multi-organization collaboration with Slack Connect.
- Powerful searchable history for easy access to past conversations.
- Over 2000+ integrations with other apps and services.
Experience the ultimate in secure communication with TrueConf - the perfect choice for you and your company. Whether you're working within a corporate network or remotely, this self-hosted video conference tool has got you covered with dedicated desktop and mobile apps. Share files, slides, and PDFs seamlessly during video meetings, and enjoy easy moderation control over audio, video, and mute status during calls.
- Fully encrypted communication for maximum security.
- Offline usage through LAN/VPN network.
- Crystal clear 4K video conference.
- Support for up to 1000 video/call participants.
3. Troop Messenger
Discover the ultimate communicative collaboration tool with Troop Messenger. This instant messaging app for business offers a rare blend of unique features that sets it apart from the rest. Enjoy the ability to write and edit code or work on third-party apps within the app. Preview attachments right on the user interface and filter chat area conversations by images, videos, text files, flagged messages and more.
Troop Messenger offers:
- Developer-friendly collaboration code editor.
- End-to-End Encryption for calls, conferences, messages, and files for maximum security.
- Confidential and sensitive information exchange through 1:1 self-destructible burnout chat.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to avoid unauthorized access.
Explore other top-performing online collaboration tools for seamless communication:
- Flock: Similar to Slack, but with an easy-to-use interface and comprehensive communication tools such as channel support for different teams and 1:1 group conversations.
- Ryver: Streamline task-related conversations with the ability to create and categorize unlimited teams within the app. Enjoy interesting filters for maximum control over who sees your posts and messages.
- Nuovo: Simplify communication and collaboration for both your frontline and non-desk workers with NuovoTeam Push to Talk (PTT) and the ability to clock-in or clock-out directly from their phones.
- WebEx: A standard communication platform, Cisco's WebEx offers personalized video meeting rooms, team collaboration features, webinars, training and even customer support.
- Flowdock: A private and group chat platform that also offers a team inbox feature which aggregates notifications from various outside platforms such as Twitter and Asana.
- Rocket.Chat: An open-source instant messaging solution that uses Matrix Federation for interoperability with other communication solutions. Highly customizable, can be used for omnichannel customer support, and has end-to-end encryption.
Top Project Management Tools
Elevate your team's productivity and coordination with the best online collaboration tools for project management. These essential software tools allow you to effectively monitor task progress, keep track of objectives, and streamline collaboration. Discover the top options for project management below:
Experience the best in project management with Asana - the legendary veteran of collaboration software since 2008. As the most well-known project management tool, Asana allows you to assign tasks, add followers to certain projects, monitor deadlines, and work as a to-do-list or calendar for strategic planning. Enjoy reminders for upcoming deadlines, assign comments, and send requests to colleagues, all in one digital space to organize all your projects.
- Real-time insight into progress on any stream of work.
- Automation for streamlining processes, reducing errors and time spent on routine tasks.
- Integration with over 200+ work tools such as Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Jira Cloud, Zapier, Harvest, and more.
- Customizable fields for project tracking.
Experience the ease and simplicity of project management with Trello - the online collaboration tool that's as easy to use as Solitaire. With its unique drag-and-drop interface, even brand new users will find it easy to monitor projects and assign tasks. Available on both web and mobile, Trello is perfect for keeping your projects organized and on track.
- Fully integrated with 195+ tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, GitHub, Hero Panel, WireframePro, Salesforce, IFTTT, Zapier and more.
- Built-in no-code automation Butler on every Trello board.
- Hundreds of templates from the Trello community for daily task management, Kanban, scrum board, and freelance branding projects.
3. Dropbox Paper
Unleash the power of real-time collaboration and editing with Dropbox Paper - the free tool from your favorite cloud storage platform. Collaborate on ideas, take meeting notes with assigned next steps, and plan projects all in one place.
Dropbox Paper offers:
- Smart templates for brand guidelines, content calendar, and product roadmap.
- Seamless integration with Hive and other platforms.
- Assign to-dos, add due dates, and mention people directly within the document.
- The ability to display and play anything - just drop a link to a YouTube video, GIF, Pinterest board, Google Map, SoundCloud clip and more, and Paper will know exactly what to do with it.
- Transform the way you collaborate and plan projects with Dropbox Paper.
Discover other top-performing online collaboration tools for managing projects:
- Podio: Organize large stacks of work into delegable tasks with Podio's easy-to-use interface and high-quality mobile apps.
- ProofHub: A comprehensive collaboration tool that helps you organize files, plan, monitor projects, and share real-time feedback with custom workflow and Kanban boards.
- Dapulse (formerly Monday.com): A team management platform that facilitates a more efficient and intuitive way to manage teams and the company's entire operations.
- Chanty: An affordable online collaboration tool that offers a lot of features for creating, assigning, and setting due dates for tasks. Chanty also allows for code snippets with dev-friendly formatting.
- Brandfolder: Well-suited for larger companies, Brandfolder allows its user to simplify distribution by sharing their assets with various levels of privacy controls and user permissions.
- Teams.cc: Teams.cc offers its built-in 500Conference to easily hold audio, video, and screen sharing sessions. Teams.cc is also highly integrated with over 200 other apps such as Asana, AgileCRM, Google Drive, etc.
Production and Creation Hub
Unleash your team's creative potential with the ultimate production and creation hub tools of 2023. These collaboration software are essential for creating and producing work together seamlessly. Discover the top options for boosting your team's productivity and creativity below:
1. Microsoft 365
Transform the way you create and produce work with Microsoft 365 - the ultimate cloud-based office suite. Available on Windows, Mac, android, and iOS, it's familiar and easy-to-use, making it the most accessible production and creation hub for many users. Collaborate on reports in Excel, prepare presentations in PowerPoint, or compose articles in Word all from the same platform.
Microsoft 365 offers:
- Microsoft Syntex, a no-code content integrated AI that automatically reads, tags, and indexes high volumes of contents, from translation, summarization, content assembly, to document processing.
- Pin or hide your own video in Microsoft Teams meetings.
- Microsoft Places, a new connected workplace platform that delivers solutions, coordinates where work happens, modernizes the office with intelligent technology, and optimizes the workplace for changing needs.
Elevate your team's content creation with Visme - the ultimate tool for collaborative online reports, documents, charts, presentations, web graphics, interactive content, and infographics. No matter your level of creative expertise, anyone can create engaging content using Visme. With comments and markup editing, everyone can take part in the content creation process seamlessly.
- Fully integrated SSO or two-factor authentication for storing your designs.
- Data encryption for any content in transit and at rest, as well as back-ups and restore points along the way.
- Analytics to track the number of views and viewers your content has received, and monitor levels of engagement to see what your audience is most interested in.
Transform the way you create and collaborate on documents with Bit.ai - the powerful document collaboration tool. Create dynamic notes, documents, wiki, technical docs, and training guides with ease. Built for teams and individuals, Bit.ai allows you to create, collaborate, and organize all your knowledge in one place, from anywhere in the world.
- Built-in Document Tracking, real-time insights on your shared docs showing data of how much time they spent, how often they came back, and more.
- Sensitive content protection with expiration dates and password for extra security.
- Fully integrated smart living documents with 100+ rich integrations that allows you to insert video, social media snippets, attach cloud files, presentations, spreadsheets, charts, tasks, graphic design tools, code, maps, music/podcasts, images, Gifs, product launches, and publications.
Discover other top-performing online collaboration tools for creation:
- Figma: Real-time collaborative work, from brainstorming to designing and testing ideas. Speed-up workflows in sharing projects, files, pages and frames with unlimited file storage across platforms.
- Google Docs/Sheets: Docs and Sheets are two of the most used collaboration tools derived from Google. These services are designed to allow several users composing, editing, and saving files at the same time simultaneously.
- Planable: A social media collaboration platform for creating, planning, reviewing, and scheduling your content.
- Quip: Allows you to work on real-time collaborative documents, spreadsheets, and chat embedded inside Salesforce.
- Internxt: An open-source cloud storage service that offers an ethical alternative with encryption on everything you store and share. Perfect for teams working with sensitive information or data.
- Narrato: A content creation and collaboration management workflow that allows you to create content briefs, assign tasks, track project statuses, and get feedback or approval from your clients.
In conclusion, online collaboration tools are a must-have for today's fast-paced and ever-evolving business landscape. With the rise of remote working, there's no shortage of new and innovative software to choose from. It's essential to take the time to research and find the best tool for your specific needs, whether it's for your company or personal business. And don't forget, Talentport can help streamline the hiring process and save you time and costs by recommending hand-picked candidates tailored to your requirements. Let's revolutionize the way you work and hire, start now!