Performance Marketing Specialists help businesses for planning, executing, and managing online marketing campaigns to effectively engage and keep customers. They measure the success of these campaigns to develop brand strategies that reduce lead costs and increase return on investment (ROI).
These specialists assist businesses in identifying campaign metrics and provide clear reports. They help executives understand the advantages of digital advertising by suggesting creative ideas for online ads, creating compelling messages for banner ads, and writing persuasive copy for cost-per-click (CPC) ads on search engines.
We are looking for a Performance Marketing Specialist with a big appetite to learn to join our team of experts and help us develop and support digital transformation strategies for our clients. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing performance marketing campaigns for diverse objectives of business. Candidates should demonstrate expertise in advertising management skills.
- Plan and execute all digital acquisition activities (for mobile app and website) using ads platforms including SEM, social media, display advertising campaigns, affiliate marketing, programmatic, etc.
- Work on a budget to reach maximum KPI keeping the CAC at the optimum level.
- Manage communication with multiple vendors and third-party trackers in order to achieve acquisition objectives.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Utilize the strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Do campaign acquisition fraud monitoring and take actions to minimize the fraud numbers.
- Plan and create a small-scale A-B test campaign to optimize campaign and creative performance better.
- Suggest new digital channels that have the potential to increase new user numbers in an efficient way.
Requirement and Skills
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in any related field with a strong quantitative background.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing (Min 2 years), and extensive experience in managing in-house digital performance marketing at technology companies (such as e-commerce, online travel, mobile gaming, etc) is preferable.
- Highly proficient in using digital ads platforms such as Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Twitter Ads
- Have experience in managing Ad Networks for acquisition campaigns.
- Have a basic understanding of organic acquisition such as App Store Optimization (ASO) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Experience in setting up platform integration (for mobile app and website) with third parties (ex-Google, Facebook, Sizmek, Appsflyer) for campaign set-up and tracking purposes.
- Creative in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage consumers the most.
- Have a good understanding of mobile attribution tools (e.g. Appsflyer).
- Understand the basics of mobile app install fraud methods and its monitoring tool (e.g Appsflyer Protect 360).
- Have a basic understanding of Google Analytics.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Being able to generate meaningful reports using tools such as Google Data Studio would be a plus.
- Experience in handling programmatic ad buying would be a plus.
FAQ about Performance Marketing Specialist
What are the specific skills required for Performance Marketing Specialist?
- Data analysis: Ability to analyze and interpret marketing data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions to optimize campaigns.
- Digital advertising platforms: Proficiency in using various digital advertising platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, or LinkedIn Ads to create and manage targeted campaigns.
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO): Knowledge of CRO techniques to optimize landing pages, ad copies, and call-to-action buttons to maximize conversion rates.
- A/B testing: Experience in conducting A/B tests to compare the performance of different ad variations or landing page designs and identify the most effective strategies.
- ROI measurement: Ability to measure and evaluate the return on investment (ROI) of marketing campaigns and make recommendations for improvements.
- PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising: Proficiency in managing PPC campaigns, including keyword research, bid management, and ad copywriting to drive targeted traffic and conversions.
- Analytics tools: Familiarity with analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics to track and analyze campaign performance, website traffic, and user behavior.
- Budget management: Skill in managing advertising budgets effectively to optimize spend and achieve campaign objectives within allocated resources.
- Strong communication: Excellent communication skills to collaborate with team members, stakeholders, and clients, and effectively present campaign performance reports and recommendations.
- Continuous learning: Willingness to stay updated with industry trends, new advertising platforms, and emerging digital marketing techniques to enhance performance marketing strategies.
How to assess a candidate for Performance Marketing Specialist?
- Review their experience: Evaluate the candidate's previous experience in performance marketing, including their roles and responsibilities. Look for relevant experience in managing and optimizing marketing campaigns, tracking key performance indicators (KPIs), and achieving measurable results.
- Evaluate technical skills: Test the candidate's proficiency in using performance marketing tools and platforms, such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, or other advertising platforms relevant to your business. Assess their knowledge of data analysis, conversion tracking, A/B testing, and campaign optimization techniques.
- Analyze analytical and strategic thinking: Pose scenarios or case studies to assess the candidate's ability to analyze data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions. Evaluate their problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and ability to optimize campaigns based on insights.
- Assess creativity and copywriting skills: Request samples of the candidate's previous performance marketing campaigns, ad copies, or landing page designs. Evaluate their creativity, writing skills, and ability to create compelling and engaging marketing content.
- Check communication and collaboration skills: Performance marketing often involves working closely with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and clients. Assess the candidate's communication skills, ability to collaborate effectively, and manage relationships with stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews: Ask specific questions about their experience with performance marketing, their approach to campaign planning and optimization, and their understanding of key metrics and KPIs. Use the interview to assess their overall fit for the role and their ability to align with your business objectives.
- Request references: Reach out to the candidate's references to validate their skills, work ethic, and ability to deliver results in previous performance marketing roles.